The McCauley Trucking Company Inc
McCauley Trucking Company is a family-owned business with a lengthy history stretching back to the 1880's. William McCauley used a Conestoga freight wagon to haul hay, dynamite, and other supplies from Brookville, Strattanville, and Corsica, Pennsylvania to various railroad construction sites. Beginning in the late 1930's, Charles A. McCauley served his father's feed business by making truck deliveries from New Bethlehem and Parker for the Eastern States Farmer's Exchange, which later became Agway. In recognition of the fine reputation of service and safety, Charles A. McCauley, Common Carrier was granted Pennsylvania Utility Commission authority for coal and road-building materials after World War II. By 1956, the Interstate Commerce Commission had granted motor carrier rights for salt and new furniture. Max Distribution Inc. (McCauley's warehouse division), became a reality in 1973 due to the ideas of Larry McCauley (son of Charles) and his wife, Jacquelin. In 1985, the company became a Pennsylvania corporation known as The McCauley Trucking Company. The company has expanded to hauling general commodities nationwide.